Our new spring menu begins on Monday, March 2. This season we are highlighting the first harvest with fresh berries, herbs, and botanicals.
“We played with traditional flavors and added an Amélie’s twist,” shared Mary Jayne Wilson, executive chef and operations director. “It was fun to reimagine both traditional spring desserts and some of our most popular menu items in new and delicious ways.”
Our goal for this menu is to find the right balance between bringing back some of our most popular items along with incorporating fresh, new flavors and unexpected twists into the menu.
New and returning menu items for spring include:
- French Macarons: Cotton Candy, Honey, Hummingbird, Mimosa, Raspberry Rhubarb Cheesecake, Rose, and Strawberry Chiffon [all of which are GF except the strawberry chiffon]
- Strawberry Éclair – Pâte à Choux filled with strawberry pastry cream, buttercream piping, quarter glazed strawberry and strawberry crispies topped with strawberry glaze and a white chocolate “A”
- Lemon Raspberry Danish – Classic danish with raspberry and lemon filling topped with fresh raspberry and candied lemon peel
- Hummingbird Twice-baked Croissant – Plain croissant filled with roasted pineapple, pecans, banana, and cinnamon almond cream topped with shredded coconut
- Lavender Lemon Cream Cheese Cookie – Pâte sucrée cookie dusted with lemon sugar filled with lavender lemon cream cheese icing.
- Roasted Brussel Sprout, Fennel + Beet Salad – Mixed greens, spicy citrus-marinated fennel, brussel sprouts, goat cheese, roasted golden and red beets with a honey apple cider vinaigrette
- Spring Minestrone – Vegetable stock, green beans, peas, white beans, kale, onions, brussel sprouts, thyme, basil, garlic, and Israeli couscous [vegan]
- Lavender Lemon Crumble Café Crème – Lavender vanilla simple syrup, espresso, milk, and whipped cream, topped with a brown sugar crumble and tart lemon sugar
We also released our first vegan dessert:
Vegan Chocolate Truffle Bar – Toasted coconut, almonds, dates and coconut oil base with coconut milk, raw sugar, cocoa powder, bittersweet chocolate, and agar agar topped with fresh raspberries. This item is part of the year-round menu.
The spring menu is available at all six Amélie’s locations in Charlotte, NC (NoDa, Uptown, Park Road, and Carmel Commons); Rock Hill, SC; and Atlanta, GA. The NoDa bakery, Amélie’s flagship location, is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. Hours vary by location.