Learn to roll, shape, fill and bake your own Puff Pastry Turnovers.
What you will learn:
Students will learn how to make a dozen turnovers with puff pastry, then they will roll, shape, fill and bake their own turnovers. The class will include a demo on making the puff pastry, then each student will have a hands-on lesson of rolling the dough and shaping the pastry. Participants will then learn about different fillings they can use in a turnover, then they will create their own filling that consists of a sweetened cream cheese base and their choice of various additions that will be available.
Note: 12 spots are available for this class
Class Difficulty: Intermediate; students do not need prior training, however, there will be specific instructions that may be difficult to follow
Follow this link to sign-up.
When: Friday, March 13 | 6:00 – 9:00 PM
Location: Uptown bakery
Instructor: This class is led by Amélie’s pastry chef and educator Joleen Usher
What to expect:
- Classes are planned to last 3 hours unless otherwise noted.
- Students will be standing, cooking, and working for the majority of the class.
- Participants are required to wear closed-toed shoes and shirts that cover their upper arms and to tie back long hair.
- Students will be able to select a beverage of their choice from our menu to enjoy
- Participants will leave with a copy of the recipes they make, an Amélie’s branded apron, and the turnovers they make.
Age Requirements: 16 years and older. Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
Cost: $60 per person
Amélie’s French Bakery & Café created this recipe using common cooking and baking ingredients that may or may not always be included in the title of the class. If you have a food allergy, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering for the class to see if accommodations can be made. We are not able to make any changes to the recipes during class.
Tickets are refundable until 1 week before your class date. Within 1 week if we can fill your spot in the class from a waitlist you will receive a full refund. Tickets are also transferable if you can find someone to attend in your place.