Celebrate Valentine’s Day by making some sweet treats – chocolate-dipped strawberries and truffles.
What you will learn:
In the Valentine’s-themed cooking class, students will learn how to temper two kinds of chocolate and how to expertly dip and decorate 8 long-stemmed strawberries with a hands-on demonstration. In addition, students will learn about the different stages of ganache, with a demonstration on making the base of two types of chocolate truffles; they will then learn how to shape, roll and finish 8 truffles.
Note: 12 spots are available for this class
Class Difficulty: Beginner; this class is easy to follow, students do not need prior training
Follow this link to sign-up.
When: Friday, February 14 | 6:00 – 9:00 PM
Location: Uptown bakery
Instructor: Our Valentine’s-themed cooking class is led by Amélie’s pastry chef and educator Joleen Usher
What to expect:
- Classes are planned to last 3 hours unless otherwise noted.
- Students will be standing, cooking, and working for the majority of the class.
- Participants are required to wear closed-toed shoes and shirts that cover their upper arms and to tie back long hair.
- Students will be able to select a beverage of their choice from our menu to enjoy
- Participants will leave with a copy of the recipes they make, an Amélie’s branded apron, and 8 chocolate-dipped strawberries and 8 truffles.
Age Requirements: 16 years and older. Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
Cost: $60 per person
Amélie’s French Bakery & Café created this recipe using common cooking and baking ingredients that may or may not always be included in the title of the class. If you have a food allergy, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering for the class to see if accommodations can be made. We are not able to make any changes to the recipes during class.
Tickets are refundable until 1 week before your class date. Within 1 week if we can fill your spot in the class from a waitlist you will receive a full refund. Tickets are also transferable if you can find someone to attend in your place.